What does a champion Flag Pole Sitter Do when he retires?
And Welcome to Gidgeworld
Ken Gidge has been
- A champion flagpole sitter (see The Guinness Book of World Records 1974),
- The last Santa Claus at Lord and Taylor in Boston (this has got to tell you something)
- The first person married in 1969 and the first person married on an airplane on the same occasion
- Appeared on To Tell the Truth, and many years later as a political pundit for channel 9 NH TV, currently appearing on Channel 96 Nashua Cable
- A professional psychic
- The inventor of Frigidoor - energy saving plastic doors marketed worldwide,
- The inventor of a boomerang Frisbee
- Host to the National Inventor’s Award presented to the youngest inventors Curtis Lawson 9 and Lewis Barton 14) see Video Showcase Dec 28, 1982, presented by President Bush Senior, note: this was the unrecognized spark for the Children's competition – Oddessy of the Mind)
- A published poet,
- A restaurateur, owner of Barnaby’s ( restaurant and nightclub) Mrs. Patent’s chicken, Edison’s ( convenience store and luncheonette
- A Business Broker,
- CEO of Cheers Auto and Trucks Sale
- The Radio Talk Show host of Night Orange
- New Hampshire State representative for over a decade so far
- An artist who developed a new form of art Gidge 3D
- An alderman from Nashua NH.
Dick Gagnon: "Ken is a step ahead of today's painters with his 3D art. Until I had seen it, I just thought it was a bunch of paint. Then when I saw it in real life, it blew me away. I immediately purchased one for my home as a conversation piece. When people see if they don't believe what they see."
Geoffry James "Ken is a real original in every way. Probably one of the most creative people I've ever met. It's always a pleasure talking with him or doing business with him."
Jen Coffey "Ken's amazing art is something you just don't want to miss. It is beautiful and confounding at the same time. I still don't know how he does it, but I know that I would cherish one of his pieces."